Saturday, 10 April 2010

Greenhouse antics

Wow did it get hot today, needed my sunhat to stop my head burning. No need for highlights here, sun is bleaching my hair on it’s own and my natural highlights look fab.

Started to plant the half-hardy and tender seeds today, even got back out the propagators to put them in, to keep the temperature constant during the nights (it’s still very chilly at night with the possibility of frosts). Might need to put some milk containers in the greenhouse filled with water to hold the heat from the day.

Seeds sown today:-

Lemon Grass
Dill
Swiss Chard in modules
Basil “Dark Opal”
Okra
Aubergine “Orlando” & “Properosa”

Tomatoes:-
Moneymaker
Alicante
Plum “San Marzano Lungo”
Beef “Costoluto Genovese”
Tigerella
Gardener’s Delight
Plum “Incas”
Tamina
Garden Pearl – for hanging baskets and patio planters
Organic Red Cherry

Peppers:-
Marco Rosso
Worldbeater
Californian Wonder

Chillies:-
Hot Pepper Fuego
Chilli Pepper Anaheim
Apache
Joe’s Long
Cayenne
Black Pearl

Non edible
Chinese Purple Bell Vine
Glory Vine

I also spotted some rubble bags in Tesco’s, £1.20 for 6 bags. I’m going to try out growing potatoes in them, have 5 different types to go in, so going to have a go with my first earlies tomorry (International Kidney variety), think I should be able to put 3 potatoes in each bag.

A very busy day, but the greenhouse is now packed, still more to go in, but I’ve made brilliant progress after the last 3 days.

No comments: