So what have I learnt?
- Through a post on Facebook from one of my friends, I saw a fantastic idea called postcrossing where you can send and receive postcards to random people across the world, I've just got my first 5 addresses, ranging from USA, China, Finland, Italy to Holland. I've now got to get some local postcards to send off. Once they start getting logged as received, I can then send more and I will then start receiving postcards in return. I've decided to create a scrapbook of the places and locations.
- Whilst looking on UKScrappers - I spotted a thread about "One Little Word 2010", this is inspired by Ali Edward's. Well I've done my thinking and my word is "organisation", if I put more effort into getting and keeping organised, my whole life and family should have a better balance, the garden will get planted, our home might be tidier, in my work I will not be overloaded, my time will be well spent, there will be less waste, more money and I'll have more time to play and relax. This needs some more thought and perhaps I need to dedicate some time to putting my thoughts and ideas into a specific blog, pulling together ideas and websites that help me, the ups and downs the successess and catastrophies. My hope is that by this time next year, I have benefitted and our lives are more fulfilled.
- I have signed up to Windows Marketplace and now have some new applications on my HTC phone, (all free so far), I have a shopping list manager (well that fits with the step above), a great weather forecast application and Google Maps.
- I've also started to add tasks and manage my calendar on outlook more efficiently, lets hope I can get a complete list of the tasks that need doing and then start doing them. I've got the rest of the holiday to catch up and get ahead.
- OFSTED - love them or loathe them, we've got to be ready for them, we were told on the last day of term, that they now only need to give between 3 days and 2 weeks notice that they are coming in to do an inspection. I am determined that all my files and paperwork are going to be ready. More to go onto the task list.
1 comment:
Wow that postcard idea sounds awesome. I am still working on my word for 2010... great post!
Post a Comment