A lovely day here, about 18 deg C which isn't bad for the last day of October. Managed to completely clear out the greenhouse, wash it inside and out, put up the bubblewrap insulation and then put back the plants that need to overwinter. Now I need to pot up some lettuce, rocket and land cress, plus some pea shoots, to keep us going in winter salad leaves. I love being able to harvest our own leaves at Christmas. Might persuade Hubby to buy another box of living salad from Lidl too, about 40 plants in that, they can go in a planter/grow bag in the greenhouse too.
Finally managed to get to steam the Christmas Puddings, all 8 individual ones (much more sensible). They only took 3 hours, so I can now wrap them ready to store.
Still haven't managed to make the Christmas Cakes though, my Kenwood Chef has appeared from storage, but it needs a good scrub before I can use it. I don't fancy creaming all that butter and sugar and eggs by hand.
Did some pumpkin carving last night, didn't realise that my Mum and Dad have never had a pumpkin lantern before, until I put it in their garden, in view of the patio doors. They were amazed. Oh for the internet and downloadable templates. I tried to pick something that wasn't too scary. Must remember to get a new pumpkin carving blade next year, mine is beginning to bend and is going to suffer from metal fatigue before much longer.
No to get the pumpkin back and turn it into a pumpkin pie, soup, muffins............... etc, well it is a huge pumpkin, huge chunk to Mum too for her to use.
We don't get trick or treaters in the country, I do miss the little kids, but not the older ones who can be quite menacing.
No comments:
Post a Comment