Friday, 30 October 2009

Christmas prep here we come

Ooops, I've been missing in action, poor blog, it's been forgotten and been left all alone. Well it's time to resurrect and get chatty again.

Half-term has been a relaxing time (I normally have to work, first time the college have allowed us to take a full weeks holiday and boy did I need it).

Today is the start of Christmas preparations. I managed to find some tubs of whole candied peel in Julian Graves earlier in the week, my daughter's current sat on the sofa chopping it into tiny pieces. The fruit is being weighed out and ready to be steeped in brandy overnight. I love Delia's recipe, I don't want to change as it is so good. To make it very special, I've put The Santa Clause on to watch and get us in the Christmas mood, I believe the magic of Christmas gets trapped in the fruit, so we start the process by getting ourselves into Christmas feel to trap even more magic in the mix. Going to make 2 cakes this year, 1 for us, the other for my Mum and Dad.

Will mix together the pudding later, it also needs to be left overnight.

I then need to put my planner together, I need to print new inserts and then get the planner back into operation.

Ho Ho Ho

No comments: