Well I've just had the courage to cook some to go with my salad, well there was a southern fried chicken drumstick left over from last night, so I thought it would be great with some salad, but some carbohydrate would be good too. I cut up half an avocado, a tomato and some slices of red onion, salt & pepper, a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
I simply cooked the quinoa according to the packet and wow, was it scrummy, a really tasty grain, that had texture and flavour. Will definitely try it on the rest of the family, I know Laura will love it, but not sure how adventurous Clive will be.
Here are a couple of links to the health benefits of quinoa.
http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=142
http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-C00001-01c21U1.html
- How many food items have you bought and never used?
- What are you going to try before it goes out of date?
No comments:
Post a Comment