Sunday, 17 January 2010

So much achieved, I'm happy

I've had a lovely day, first of all I put on over 3kg of seville oranges with a couple of lemons to soften. With the help of my daughter we then shredded the skins (once soft), removed the pips from the pulp, and then boiled it all down with some preserving sugar, really pleased as we ended up with 11.5 pounds of seville orange marmalade (rustic style).  I also used my new hand mixer and made 18 chocolate cupcakes. Put a loaf in the breadmaker and rustled up faggots with peas for dinner.

It's going to be a very busy week at work, so I've taken time to relax and recharge my batteries, my poor hubby has a nasty cold, I thought I was getting it, but with echinacea, vitamins, brazil nuts and healthy food from the farmshop, I'm managing to keep it under control.

To keep organised, I just need to type the letter for school giving permission for my daughter to be absent when she doesn't have a mock exam.  Poor thing would have to sit in the examination room if she couldn't escape.

2 comments:

Debbie H said...

Well done! I love faggots!! I made a lasagne from scratch today which I have NEVER done before I am ashamed to say!

Cath x said...

Brilliant! Well done on getting loads done x