These are still on my list from last year, but we've made some progress. The cooking plans work really well, when we skip this step we find that we waste food as we forget what is in the fridge. The most difficult thing to keep on top of is sharing these lists, so time to find a method using our new Windows 7 phones to keep consistently synched. Freezer is now here, I've been treated to a new slow cooker as our 20 year old wedding present has finally died on us. I've also got a mincer attachment for my Kenwood Chef, so can make lots more of our own meat products. It's a shame that Littlemoor's Farm shop is no longer, so we now buy most of our meat from Ferndene Farm Shop near Bashley and Waitrose.
I'm also going to get much more active with my Crafty Cooking Blog, creating and sharing more of my own ideas.
Areas that I need to tackle
- Clutter - must start to clear surfaces, but this will involve clearing out cupboards
- Cupboards - these need to be cleared and reorganised, be ruthless and Freecycle/ebay what we don't need.
- Cooking - plan meals ahead to better use ingredients and minimise waste
- Shopping lists - keep lists of produce we have, use them to highlight areas needed, keep to strict lists and don't over buy.
- Gardening - both greenhouse and garden, must get this properly operational to increase produce and save money.
- Washing - replace the washing machine, save money and get better results.
- Housework - produce a weekly rota so all areas are covered.
- Recycling - better bin, with two sections, then I don't get hit around the head when the bag get's full.
- Assignments - keep up-to-date with the marking, break into small tasks that can be marked as they are done and not wait until submission date to be marked.
- Technology - use it effectively, make sure that it all connects together, so that true picture is available at any moment of family commitments. Not to lose track of time whilst "playing" on the web etc.
1 comment:
OMG I am so with you on this one!!! Make sure you post your lists so I can join you. They ALL apply to me too!
Post a Comment