I’ve just started Shimelle’s latest class “Blogging for Scrapbookers” and I need to define my intentions for this class.
I need to get better at blogging events as they happen, as I easily get diverted onto new and then forget the details that are important and make the memories so special.
I must make more use of my camera phone, download and blog.
College smiles
I was so happy today, 2 new smartboards have been installed in the classrooms I use at college. We previously had mobile smartboards with very old pcs and they were so feint you couldn’t see the screens and they took 20 minutes to boot up before you could use them. This isn’t very good when you teach computer animation and digital graphics, so need memory intensive programmes.
To make sure that they working for my lesson that started at 9am, (I had spent 4 hours yesterday building a Smart Notebook to use), I went to the classroom early at 8.30. They never seem to leave you instructions, I’m happy to twiddle and had my machine working within a couple of minutes. It was brilliant, lots of happy students, all could see the board, they loved the Notebook, the lesson went really well. I then spotted that the software hadn’t been properly installed, all the features weren’t there, I couldn’t write over everything displayed on the screen, still these are minor irritations. It is hard when you share classrooms, I taught 2x 1.5 hour classes this morning, then ended up back in at 3 for another 1.5 hour lesson by which time another member of staff had run an old version of the Smartboard software, so my snazzy Notebook would no longer work. One of our IT support guys worked with me this afternoon and yippee it’s now working wonderfully, just hope that the staff are careful and don’t repeat the error again.
I will take photos tomorrow of the new board and I can then add to this blog entry.
We have open evening next week, so I just need to create a self-running video/presentation to display on the board, no pressure!!!
So much to do, so little time, but I love a challenge.
10 comments:
Hello stranger!! I didn't even know you still blogged. We played with the smartboards in the kids school last month and I was amazed at how much you can do on them. It sounds like you do much more on them than that too!
I'm doing Shimelle's class too!
hi from another shimelle classmate! I love getting new technology; glad the kids were all happy about that! ~april
I love smartboards, they are incredible! Good luck with class, I always forget the little day-to-day bits, too.
Hi, I am on the class with you too - I ADORE the style of your blog template! Looks great!
Good luck with the class.
I'm also in the class! Love the brick background on your blog. I have good intentions, too, so we'll see how it goes.
technology is so frustrating at times. My high school just installed projectors in my classroom, unfortunately the electrical system has to be updated. I could run an extension cord though to get it to work.
Hi!
I'm in class with you too. I always forget about my camera phone. I need to use that more too.
Good luck with Shimelle's class! Hope you enjoy it :)
Your page is so lovely. I really like the design. I'm in Shimelle's Blogging for Scrapbookers class.
New hardware is always a good thing!Good luck with Shimelle's class!
Post a Comment